Zac Brown doesn't just make good music, he makes good food! And he says the way a sandwich is assembled makes all the difference in the world. He calls it "the hierarchy of the sandwich".
And for reference, here's the perfect stacking order, according to Zac:
1) pepper the meat (we used turkey)
2) salt sliced tomatoes, then put Tabasco on the tomatoes
3) on high quality 9-grain bread, spread mustard or mayo on both slices of bread
4) place lettuce on each slice of bread
5) place cheese on the lettuce (we used provolone, which goes great with turkey!)
6) place tomatoes on the cheese
7) (optional) at this stage, you can lightly drizzle olive oil on the tomatoes
8) last, place the meat on the tomatoes
9) put both "stacked" sides together, cut in half, and you have your perfectly stacked sandwich!